This Girl Can Blog!



This is just a quick one to say Hi! I’m still here. I haven’t posted anything for quite a while as university restarted and I have been up to my eyeballs in reading and start of the year fun and games. I have been to a few ‘Give it a Go’ sessions, these are sessions run by different societies here at the University of Leeds that allow you to go along and try something new. I will be writing about my experiences trying outdoor climbing and ballroom dancing in the near future, keep your eyes peeled.

One of the reasons why I haven’t posted anything is because I have been sorting out something very exciting... I am now officially a Leeds ambassador for the This Girl Can campaign. You might have heard of This Girl Can? It's a campaign run by Sport England, designed to empower women and girls of all ages to get active in whatever way they want, with no fear of judgement and empower them to get out there and take part in sports activities with other women. My role is to be a writer and blogger for the Leeds branch of the campaign, sharing my experiences of This Girl Can events, classes, activities, races, you name it, I am likely to write about it. 

I was so excited to be offered this opportunity as the campaign’s message is pretty much exactly the same as I try to get across in my blog! Most of the posts that I make now will be in relation to This Girl Can and will be available to see on the Leeds Girls Can website (about to be launched) and of course, here on my own site. I am excited to share this exciting new phase in my active life with you all!
Here is a link to the national  This Girl Can website, the Leeds Girls Can website will be launched soon... 

Em x

Comments

Popular Posts